Jessica Spencer Solo Performance 2015

The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fatty

The Script So Far

May2

Outside- An edited version of my videos will play outside Studio one. Free snacks for the audience to help themselves to.

Pre Set- Audience enter Studio one. I am performing in front of my mirror to Jessie J’s Who’s Laughing Now. Dr Morrow’s recording plays.

Ladies andGentlemen, welcome to Lincoln Performing Arts Centre.

Please can I remind you to turn off your mobile phones and that flash photography is not permitted.

The flash is very unflattering. If you do choice to to take a photo and upload it to Instagram, then please use the Valencia filter

WARNING- Do not feed the Fatty. She may bite.

Thank you, and enjoy this evenings performance of The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fatty

(Jessica speaking)

Rude…

My whole life I’ve been picked on for my size. I’ve been called Fatty, Beast. Whale. Even jokes made up about me.

Jess is so fat, that when she goes swimming in the sea, people mistake her for an island. Or…

Jess is so fat, that when we talk about pie charts in Maths, she gets excited. Because she thinks its pie.

Get it

(Forced fake laugh)

Really?

One of my personal favourite was Big Jess. I mean, what a way to state the obvious. This then got abbreviated to BJ. (Miming blow job action) B…J! well, if someone said that to me now I’d be like yeah, sure drop your trousers. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve done it in public. But that is another performance for past the watershed.

The point is, I was bullied because of my size, even though I was not fat. Big, yes. But not fat. I mean I had an early growth spurt and was 5ft 8 when I was in year 7 and I had size 8 feet by the time I was 12 years old. Size 9 now. I didn’t fit in to the guidelines that society created, well, what my so called friends created. I wasn’t normal according to them. And I’m still not normal. I’m a fat drama student. But I’m okay with that and I’m hope you are too.

Good, well you’re going to have to be. If not you kinda missed the clue in the tittle. I mean I could have lied and said “the dance of the sugar plum beauty- who graces the stage with her elegance and only consumes air collected from the Welsh Mountains. But I somehow don’t think I could get away with that.

At the moment I am happy with the way my script is developing. It’s nice to see my ideas move from my head and be on paper. For me, however, I need this performance to be quite natural. The jokes will not work it they sound forced so I won’t be relying on my script heavily. It is just to see which part of my show works where and when.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment: